Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

EFT ~ Upset tummy




A recent client of ours had an extremely upset stomach. She had been having a very emotionally turbulent day and towards the end of the evening her tummy was in turmoil. "There is pain from under my ribs to just below my belly button." We asked her if she had ever felt this before, she said no. She had sufficient water, hadn't eaten anything 'off' and didn't have a fever or other indication of a possible stomach flu. On asking her what it felt like: "Is it a throbbing, stabbing or aching pain?" Her reply was a "stabbing" pain.


We did a round of:
"Even though I can't digest all these emotions...
Even though I can't swallow all this emotional pain....
Even though I don't know how to digest all this turmoil.

This turmoil
Can't digest all this
Don't know how to let it go
So much to take in
This turmoil
So much pain
Can't take this
Can't swallow this

What I can let it go?
I can let my body release this
It's safe to release this
I can let this go safely
It's alright for me to breath
I'm letting this go now
It feels good to be free of this
I am ok"

This was an extremely quick round as our client was emotionally exhausted from her turmoil during the day and the pain she had in her stomach for a few hours. She went to bed soon after our session.

The follow up the next day.

"I slept until 11am! I never sleep in and I feel absolutely rested like never before! My stomach didn't bother me at all last night and I fell asleep right away, also not something that usually happens for me!!"

Our thoughts are energy and that energy is a part of our bodies. When things are out of balance you find yourself having physical symptoms as your body is doing it's job in alerting you to issues that need to be addressed. Thank you EFT for being such a fantastic, gentle tool for helping! 

No comments:

Post a Comment